Salame Milano is a dry-cured pork salami made in the culinarily rich region of Piacenza. It is made with meat from Italian pigs, specifically from the regions of Emilia Romagna and Lombardia. They use heavy pigs and process the same day. They finely ground the pork meat and mix it with a special blend of spices before slowly aging it for 2 months. This slow process allows the beneficial molds to form and thus cure the product. The casing is then removed before packing. This sausage is mild, sweet, and fragrant with a beautiful balance of meat and fat. It is not overly salty. Our Salame Milano is made by a family-owned business based in Ziano Piacentino that has been operating since 1979. They select the highest quality meat from Italian suppliers and transform it into salumi using traditional methods and slow aging typical of the Piacenza hills.
Sliced to Order
Weight: 6 ounces
Pronunciation: sah-LAH-may mee-LAH-no
Origin: Emilia Romagna, Italy
Aging: Minimum 2 months
- Please allow 3-7 business days for processing and delivery.
- Products are shipped in eco-friendly sustainable and biodegradable packaging.
- All frozen products may be received in a frozen or partially frozen state and should be immediately placed in the freezer upon receipt.
- All frozen products should be cooked from a frozen state according to the package instructions.
- We do not ship to PO Boxes.