Sliced to Order
Salame Piacentino DOP is a vital part of the traditional food culture in Piacenza and has been made for thousands of years. It is a rustic dry-cured salami made with a blend of ground meat and pork belly fat. The DOP guarantees a very high standard, where the meat must be from Italy, and our producer goes even further by sourcing from pigs born and bred solely in the regions of Emilia Romagna and Lombardia. They use heavy pigs and process the same day, even though the DOP requires a maximum of 72 hours after arrival. The meat and fat are coarsely ground, seasoned, and stuffed into handmade natural casing before slow aging at a cooler temperature for 45 days. This slow process allows the beneficial molds to form and thus cure the product. The casing is then removed before packing. The flavor is slightly spicy, sweet, and mellow with a delicate aroma of seasoned meat. Our salame is made by a family-owned business based in Ziano Piacentino that has been operating since 1979. This region is well-known for its fantastic dry-cured meats; three, including this one, have received a DOP designation to protect their production.
Sliced to Order
Weight: 6 ounces
Origin: Emilia Romagna, Italy
Aging: Minimum 45 days
- Please allow 3-7 business days for processing and delivery.
- Products are shipped in eco-friendly sustainable and biodegradable packaging.
- All frozen products may be received in a frozen or partially frozen state and should be immediately placed in the freezer upon receipt.
- All frozen products should be cooked from a frozen state according to the package instructions.
- We do not ship to PO Boxes.