Sliced to Order
This famous dry-cured pork shoulder comes from the region of Piacenza. It is wrapped in natural casing and rolled into a cylindrical shape with a compact interior and marbling of meat and fat. The flavor is delicately sweet, not too salty, and well balanced. The DOP guarantees a very high standard, where the meat must be from Italy. This salumi is made from pigs born and bred solely in the regions of Emilia Romagna and Lombardia. They use heavy pigs and process the same day, even though the DOP requires a maximum of 72 hours after arrival. The meat is coated in salt and spices, and is manually stuffed in a natural casing. The Coppa, which has a good percentage of fat, slow ages for 6 months in natural caves, ensuring high quality meat that is not too dry and has rich, concentrated flavor. The casing is removed before packing. Piacenza is well-known for its fantastic dry-cured meats; three, including this one, have received a DOP designation to protect their production.
Sliced to Order
Weight: 6 ounces
Pronunciation: COH-pah pee-ah-chen-TEE-nah
Origin: Emilia Romagna, Italy
Aging: Minimum 6 months
- Please allow 3-7 business days for processing and delivery.
- Products are shipped in eco-friendly sustainable and biodegradable packaging.
- All frozen products may be received in a frozen or partially frozen state and should be immediately placed in the freezer upon receipt.
- All frozen products should be cooked from a frozen state according to the package instructions.
- We do not ship to PO Boxes.