Short Rib Ravioli in a Brown Butter Mushroom Sauce
- Box of Nicola's Pasta Fresca short rib ravioli (24 count)
- 1/2 lb of Wild Mushrooms from The Foraged Feast
- 1 stick salted butter
- Salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 Cup chicken stock
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs + parm + olive oil and garlic clove + garlic powder for toasted breadcrumbs
- Parsley, chives + parmigiano to top
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Gently put ravioli in and lower to medium heat (cook 8-10 minutes)
2. In a separate pan, melt and brown 1 stick of butter, once browned. Add in your mushrooms, salt, pepper and thyme. Let that cook down for 6-7 minutes, then add in your garlic. Cook for another minute, then add in your chicken stock.
3. In a small pan, add 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs (I used a mixture of panko and regular) and olive oil. Add some dried thyme and parmigiano reggiano and cook on medium low heat until toasted (about 5 minutes). Taste your sauce and add salt if needed.
4. Once pasta is al dente, add it into the butter mushroom mixture, along with 1/3 cup pasta water.
5. Add some parmigiano reggiano to the pan, turn off heat and toss to combine for one minute. Plate the pasta and sauce mixture, and top with fresh parsley, chives and toasted garlic breadcrumbs.
Follow Nicole on Instagram
Leave a comment