Mariangela's passion for her olive oil inspired us to import this wonderful DOP oil from Calabria. It is made from 100% Carolea olives on her closed-circle estate in the DOP region of the Lamezia Terme Valley. Having learned to make olive oil from her family’s several generations of experience, Mariangela uses olives from her 148 acres of olive groves and processes them within three hours of harvesting. She uses organic farming methods and has created a sustainable operation; she produces all of her own energy. An early harvest, mono-cultivar oil, her oil is deep yellow-green, with aromas of fresh herbs, apple, and tomato. The flavor is well balanced with some bitterness and spiciness and a finish with hints of almond. Use in salads, tomato sauces, over grilled fish or drizzled atop fresh mozzarella along with a bit of sea salt. It is now part of the Slow Food Presidium, which promotes and protects traditional food production and biodiversity.
Size: 500 ml
Origin: Calabria, Italy
- Please allow 3-7 business days for processing and delivery.
- Products are shipped in eco-friendly sustainable and biodegradable packaging.
- All frozen products may be received in a frozen or partially frozen state and should be immediately placed in the freezer upon receipt.
- All frozen products should be cooked from a frozen state according to the package instructions.
- We do not ship to PO Boxes.
You may also like