- 1 box of Nicola's Pasta Fresca Roasted Beet Ravioli (24 count)
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 5 chives, minced (plus a little more for garnish)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon grated pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt to taste
1. Cook a dozen *half a box* of Nicola's Pasta Fresca Beet Ravioli (see box for cooking instructions)
2 .In a medium sauté pan, heat the chicken stock (or veggie stock) and heavy cream until just simmering.
3. Add in the chives, lemon juice, and zest, and continue to simmer until the sauce starts to thicken a bit.
4. Add the zest and the cheese, continuing to simmer. Taste and add a little more lemon juice if desired.
4. Add a dozen cooked ravioli to the pan and simmer for another minute, then serve.
Paires nicely with a 2019 Broglia “il Doge” Gavi. Nice, dry wine with a balanced acidity, lots of grapefruit, peach and green apple on the nose and palate, along with a slight lemon flavor, with crisp minerality. A very nice gavi for a hot summer day!
Follow Lou on Instagram